OK, ok, so I haven't exactly been keeping up with my blogging. Sorry. I really have wanted to get back into it, however, I just haven't had the time. And if you don't believe me, here is a little story that might help you understand. Our son, G. brought home a bear from his class and took care of him all weekend. Then we wrote a story telling his class everything they did together. Well, here is our story. Remember this is just ONE weekend from Friday after school until Sunday night. Every weekend has just about been like this. Enjoy the story. I hope to blog again soon and catch everyone up.
My Weekend with Davis Bear
Davis Bear came home from school with me when Daddy and M. picked Davis and me up in the car rider line. We had to run some errands with my daddy and went home to get ready for my big brother’s birthday party and sleep over. Davis was very excited when I told him we were going to have a party! I told Davis he came to my house on the right weekend because we were doing a lot of fun things.
When my mom got home from work I introduced her to Davis and she was very glad to meet him. It was very busy with mom and dad running around getting everything ready for our friends to come to our house.
Everyone started to arrive around 6:30 p.m. We had the party set up in our basement. Davis watched in excitement as Daddy moved our Game Cube and another T.V. downstairs so some people could play games and others could watch a movie. Davis joined in as we ate cheese pizza, played a Spiderman game, hit a piƱata filled with candy and had cake and ice cream. Between 9:00 and 9:30 Davis had to say good-bye to some of our friends whose parents came to pick them up. However, three of M’s friends brought their sleeping bags and spent the night. We all slept in the basement in our sleeping bags. I thought Davis might be a little scared sleeping in the basement but he wasn’t he was the first one asleep.
The next morning we all woke up early and had breakfast. Davis was the first one upstairs to eat. Mom and Dad made us pancakes. Davis said they were delicious. We all played some more and got dressed before parents came to pick up the boys who slept at our house. Davis told them good-bye and that he hoped he could see them again.
Then it was off to M’s and my basketball games. We both play Upward basketball. This time we had to be there a little earlier because we were taking team pictures. Davis wondered why he couldn’t be in the picture with all my teammates. I told him it was a picture for the boys who played on the team and that I was sorry he couldn’t be in the picture. M’s game was first and then I played after him.
When our basketball games were finished, we went to stay with friends of my mommy and daddy. Their names were Mike and Mary and their daughter Ann. They have three dogs and Davis was not scared of them at all. He remembered all the other dogs and pets he had met during his stay with other families. Davis thinks pets are so much fun! Mike and Mary took us to watch a basketball game because their son was playing.
On Sunday morning we woke up and got dressed to go to a NFL game. Daddy had gotten football tickets so we all got ready and went to a tailgate party and then to the game. The game was at a very big stadium and there were lots of people. We had a great time and it was exciting watching the game. Our team won in overtime 13 to 10! Yeah. M G and Davis all fell asleep on our way home. We were exhausted from the weekend. We have to say goodbye to Davis on Monday. I hope he had a good time.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment