skip to main |
skip to sidebar
ANOTHER NEW ADDITION

OK so we have another puppy (6 months old). If you remember we got Ghost last Christmas. Well she didn't make it to our move. 1st - we were renting, 2nd - she was too big to be in a house with hardwood floors, 3rd - had way too much energy not to be able to just run, run, run and 4th - she got on mommy's nerves being so destructive. So Ghost is now loving life on a farm somewhere in Elizabethtown. But the boys asked again if they could have a puppy. So daddy and the boys went to the humane society and rescued our newest little addition. Meet Halo. We think she is an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) with maybe a little Australian Shepherd too. She is a perfect fit. Very, very calm, small, and minds extremely well. She is smart also. We had the kennel from Ghost that we were going to use to keep her in while we are at work. She said "Riiiigggghhhhtt. I ain't staying in a small wire cage, you all are crazy!" She was able to get the door on the kennel open in less than 5 minutes - 4 times straight. 3 times she wiggled the latch and opened the top part of the door enough to squeeze out, the 4th time I'm not sure how she got out because both the latches on the kennel door were still latched! However, we still put her in it and put the kennel in the garage the first day back to work and school thinking well if she gets out she'll still be in the garage and it'll be ok. Halo said "That's what you think. You Humans are so gullible." The door leading from our garage into the house has a handle you simple push down on in order to open the door. Oh, did I mention she could jump like a jack rabbit with its bottom on fire? Yeah, she can. We put our baby gate up to keep her on the tile floor in the bathroom the first night and uh, yeah, well, she cleared it from a standing still position. Didn't climb it, didn't take a running start, just jumped right over it. OK back to the door. It was closed when we left and it was open when we got home. She was laying in the living room in her puppy bed. Happy as a lark. Didn't bother anything. She had jumped up and pulled down on the handle to open the door. Mistakenly maybe but done all the same. And the boys absolutely ADORE her. She had to go to the vet last week and was there for 4 days, if I heard it once I heard it a dozen times. "Mommy, I miss Halo." I have to get a shot of either M or G in her puppy bed with her. So we had to buy another kennel, one that you need apposable thumbs to get open, we're safe until she grows thumbs. (I think she's working on it as I type this. LOL)
1 comment:
Congrats on your new addition. She might be able to help the boys with their homework. Can Jeff catch Miss Houdini on video? That would be a hoot!
Post a Comment