Sunday, January 4, 2009

THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR FOOTBALL HERE


So, M had played flag football the previous 2 years and I started looking for youth programs before we moved and found the Redskins. If we had stayed in KY M. would have been playing tackle and G. would have started his first year of flag. But the program I found was tackle for everyone - even 5 yr olds! Well, I thought G. would think this was just "the bomb". But to my surprise when I informed him of this, he immediately got a very concerned look on his face and said "No, mommy. I'm suppose to play flag. Aren't you afraid I'll get hurt?" Well yes, a mom is always afraid her children might get hurt. But I didn't think he would be afraid he'd get hurt. By the next day he was all ready to play tackle and very excited. Did I mention that the day we left to move into our Extended Stay we drove straight to the practice field for their first day of practice. And it was nonstop from there on. 2 hours of practice - 3 days a week - game on Sat. And they played away games, so the boys usually played at different parks on the same day. I just wasn't ready for that.





No comments: